Lt. Jesse Martin
Phone: (337) 678-1438
Fax: (337) 678-1435
1065 Hwy 749, Suite C
Opelousas, Louisiana 70570
This Division receives direct supervision from the Sheriff and Chief Deputy to develop and implement external funding, by developing and coordinating processes and procedures for efficient and effective grant preparation, submission, and assessment.
During calendar 2009, GRASP developed, implemented, and administered over $840,000 in new
grants for the department. GRASP has two employees: a Director and an Analyst.
The Director of GRASP:
- Serves as the primary author of funding proposals developed within the Department
- Serves as Project Director for all funded grants
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains administrative systems necessary for compliance with the terms and conditions of grants, contracts, and provides oversight to ensure grant reporting and invoicing meet deadlines
- Performs advanced financial and data analysis on all grant funded projects
- Demonstrates an in depth understanding of agency-wide activities and programs, including, knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles methods, practices, and fundamentals of budgeting
- Monitors anomalies with budget accounts and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Researches community concerns about crime and violence and reports compiled concerns to community
The Analyst engages in several main areas of activity: providing support for the operations of
the Grants Office, and identifying potential patterns evidenced through facilitating the monthly
Uniform Crime Reports for the Department. Under the direction of the Director, the Analyst
tracks all federal and state grant funds and identifies program successes and opportunities for
improvement. The Analyst assists in gathering data, monitoring progress towards meeting
objectives and by keeping appropriate records, and assisting in producing the necessary quarterly and final reports.