|No postings to date|
The St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
Click here for printable employment application (PDF format).
Potential applicants must meet the following requirements:
- High School graduate or possess a General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Good physical conditions and mental attitudes;
- No criminal history.
- Resident of St. Landry Parish.
Applications are screened upon a position becoming available and selected applicants are interviewed.
The following steps are taken on an applicant of interest:
- Conditional offer of Employment
- Background Investigation
- Applicant is called to come in to Human Resources for completion of paperwork. At that point, physical exam and drug screening are scheduled.
The St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office provides health insurance, dental insurance and life insurance for all full time employees.
Post Office Box 1029
Opelousas, Louisiana 70571
For contact information, go to Human Resources.